2019 SHOW CAR SHOOTOUT DETAILS
Dates: Saturday, July 20 and Monday, July 22, 2019
Locations: SPOCOM, Anaheim Convention Center, 800 W Katella, Anaheim, Calif.
Streets of Willow Springs, WSIR, 3500 75th St. W, Rosamond, Calif.
Vehicle Type: Show Cars of All Varieties
Format: Winner is based on a combination of fastest lap times, most improved driving technique, lack of errors, and show car points
Enter Here: (indicate "2019 Show Car Shootout" in Subject line; include year/make/model, specs, OIL WEIGHT, & images of competing vehicle)
Entry Cutoff Date: July 11th, 2019
pbskids returns to our local road course this July to figure out which enthusiast—and tuner-built show cars can put down the fastest lap at Streets of Willow Springs in Southern California!
The 5th annual Show Car Shootout sponsored by ENEOS Motor Oil is open to any coupe, sedan, or wagon that normally would be found at a car show. Competition consists of showing your vehicle at this year's SPOCOM Anaheim car show, in addition to a time attack challenge at Streets of Willow. The event is open to naturally aspirated and forced induction vehicles sourced from submitted entries, with a preference toward enthusiast-built vehicles. For the third year in a row, we have enlisted the help of two professional drivers to help instruct and guide this year's class of Show Car Shootout competitors—Formula DRIFT champion Dai Yoshihara and Global RallyCross Championship star Steve Arpin. Show Car Shootout is intended to give aspiring track drivers an opportunity to get out on the road course, improve their driving skills and push the limits of their cars with the guidance of our celebrity drivers. Professional and experienced drivers are not allowed.
Let us be very clear: NO FULLY PREPPED RACE CARS—street-able show cars only!
The time attack is set for Streets of Willow Springs in Rosamond, Calif. on July 22nd. New to the competition this year, a spot will be reserved for all accepted Show Car Shootout entries at the SPOCOM Anaheim 2019 lifestyle event on July 20th. SCS competitors will be special guests of ENEOS USA at the Anaheim Convention Center and will be parked in a special coral at SPOCOM—door cards ready for the circuit—in what promises to be a unique photo op!
Time Attack Rules consist of:
- Show Car Shootout is open to all manufacturers and drivetrains; FWD, RWD, and AWD.
- All competing cars must comply with the Show Car Shootout guidelines. No exceptions.
- Vehicles must be mass production road going vehicles, constructed by a recognized manufacturer and currently/previously available as a factory OEM road going passenger vehicle with a government mandated VIN# or equivalent.
- Vehicles will be subject to a class and safety tech inspection before the start of the event.
- Registered drivers must sign the waiver forms during check-in before entering the track.
- Any use of a fixed-back (bucket) seat must have a 5- or 6-point harness with the use of a harness bar or bolt-on/weld-on roll bar. Stock 3 points seat belts are only allowed for OEM/reclinable seats. No 4-points allowed.
- No loose items/parts allowed while on track. Battery must be securely mounted and the positive battery post must be insulated. If the battery is a wet cell or spill type battery it must be mounted in a spill proof container.
- Helmets must be rated SA2010+ or better.
- Four point (or more) roll bars are highly recommended.
- Brake lights must be operational at all times.
- All cars must have a front and rear tow hooks.
- Drivers must be the registered owner and must have between than 2-6 track-day experiences prior to the Show Car Shootout event. No exceptions.
- Engine swaps and modifications are allowed. Nitrous Oxide allowed.
- OEM glass or Lexan is required in the front windshield. Front door windows must be in full down position while on track or removed.
- Unleaded fuel, ethanol, E-85, or exotic mixed fuels allowed.
- Aero modification is unrestricted.
- Exterior panels must be present and secured at all times.
- Tire size and tread-wear are unlimited.
Coverage of the 2019 Show Car Shootout will be featured across pbskids's magazine, social, and web properties, and an event video will be produced and shared on pbskids's Facebook page.
Email your 2019 Show Car Shootout entry submissions to, and please make sure to include car specs, preferred oil weight, track driving experience, and a recent photograph of the vehicle! And be sure to put "2019 Show Car Shootout" in the Subject line! Space is limited! The cutoff date for entries is July 11th—sign up now!